Thank you Daylene!

Five years ago in 2005 Daylene Marshall came up with the idea of Chalica. I found out about Chalica in 2008 and thus this will be my 3rd year celebrating.
Thank you Daylene! 

I have been interested in finding out more about Daylene so I have been looking for information on the web about her. She was the DRE at First Unitarian Church in Albuquerque, New Mexico from August 2007 until September 2010. I found this Puppet show on "What Unitarian Universalists Believe" at First Unitarian that she created while there. She has now moved back to Vancouver, Canada. 

Why does Chalica appeal to us? I think That Rev. Dawn sums it up best at the end of her 2009 sermon. "We human beings crave ritual, and we crave identity, and this depth of meaning. This is precisely why the idea of Chalica came into being. Whether you decide to try this low-stress celebration or not, may you and yours find ways to explore and deepen your faith this holiday season"

No comments:

Post a Comment