Day Seven - We Take Care of The Earth

We light the chalice today for the 7th Principle - Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Today I am full of questions:
What does this mean to you?
Does this mean that we should recycle, redo, and reuse? 
My kids always would laugh at their mom as I would walk along and pick up trash, do you do this?
How do you take care of the earth? 
I look around and see earth being torn up for more buildings, sidewalks and roads and I wonder what the earth will be like for my grandchildren. I remember climbing the hills as a child and running freely in the grasslands. Those grassland are no longer there they are a housing tract and one of the hill is gone. The other I couldn't find an access to when I went back in October, 2010. Things have to change, but where will the kids find places to be explorers? And by destroying the earth are we hurting ourselves? I just heard about the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation it seems like new diseases are popping up like flowers. 
Don't forget to light a candle tonight in memory of a child who has died, like my nephew Tyler.  
The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting
Join us on Sunday, December 12, 2010 along with other bereaved families, for the Fourteenth Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting. Animated Worldwide Candle Lighting Poster
Visit The Compassionate Friends website to find a formal service near you, or light a candle in your home at 7 PM knowing you will be joined by hundreds of thousands of people who are thinking about the children around the world who are gone, but continue to live on in the hearts that they touched.
A Remembrance Book will also be available on The Compassionate Friends' website on that day to post a message or tribute.
The Worldwide Candle Lighting held yearly the second Sunday in December
Blessed be
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment