And the greatest of these is Love

A friend sent me this statement from Rev. Peter Morales, president of the UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association), – 
“We have always been a people who affirm justice. I am proud of that. But right now we need to go beyond advocacy and protest. I think we are called to bring empathy, understanding, and healing. And this involves forming relationships with people with whom we most disagree….We must help frame a vision of a future that includes everyone. We must not only decry evil, we must build a foundation for hope.”
Some people have asked me what to do in the coming months and I have to admit I do not have all the answers.  I have decided to collect information and blog it about it here. So if you have any ideas or suggestions please add them to comments or send me an email. 

One thing that I am doing is to wear a safety pin. 
"I wear a safety pin because:If you wear a Hijab, I’ll sit with you. If you are Trans, I’ll go to the bathroom with you. If you’re person of color, I’ll stand up with you. If you’re an immigrant, I’ll help find you resources. If you’re a survivor, I’ll believe you. If you’re a refugee, I’ll welcome you. If you’re a veteran, I’ll take up your fight. If you’re LGBTQ, you are not broken. If you’re a woman, I’ll pay you the same wages. If you’re tired, me too. If you need a hug, I have one for you. If you need me, I’ll be with you. #youresafewithmeWhen people ask about your pin, this is your script. Keep it handy."



Blessed be
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment