It has been a very busy year here in Cedar Falls. Here are the highlights in photos!
Dear Friends and Family,
I hope this letter finds you in good health and happiness. 2016 has been a very busy year in our lives. We have had so many adventures this year and made so many new friends.
We hope that you have had a wonderful year and that your coming year will be even better.
NEW YEARS EVE PARTY REMINDER: Just wanted to remind you that you are all invited to come to our New Year’s Eve party on December 31. We begin at 7:00. It is family-oriented. We will “Ring in the New Year” at 8:00, 10:00 and Midnight!!! Bring a dish to share with friends.
Thank you to all our old and new friends who came out this year to help elect Democrats! We did a great job in Cedar Falls.
Things I haven’t mentioned in photos include:
- We had a great Thanksgiving Dinner with family and friends.
- Our son, Chris & his family Merri, Tyler & James moved to Altoona, Iowa
- Our son, Jeff moved to Brooklyn, New York for his new banking position.
- Leigh and I are still working on our Brown house in Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Our son, Wes and wife Bethany have been working on their house in West Des Moines, Iowa.
- We had 3 floods in our basement this year! Next year will see us painting the basement walls and floors.
- We have 3 new loveseats in the living room – still have the red carpet… I’ve been busy framing pictures and Leigh & I have been putting them up around the house.
- Terrible flooding in Cedar Falls, thankfully for us it was not as bad as it had been in past years, but work is still engaged throughout the state.
- I started an aquatic exercise class in July and go every Mon, Wed & Fri. it has really helped my pain levels.
- Leigh is still working at UNI, going to conferences, fixing up the house, riding RAGBRAI and busy with Kiwanis, our yard, & our Grandchildren, Tyler & James!
Kathy and Leigh
P.S. Leigh at ISTE and
Kathy & Friends on a Conference call with President Obama