6th day of Chalica


It has been a long and busy week!  I would like to say I now know all there is to know about the 2018 tax laws, but sadly I don't.  The good news is that I have a number of tax books to refer to when I have a question.  The good news is that the standard deductions have gone up a lot this year. And there are no longer exemptions and for most it will take away the need for itemizing for Federal Income taxes, unfortunately here in Iowa those that have itemized in the past may still want to collect their receipts for their State taxes.  
As I write this I am listening to Dan Flores 2010 "Infinite Light" - after all these years this still is a WOW to me! In my line up is 
Peter Mayer's "Blue Boat Home", "One More Circle" and "Holy Now", and "My Soul", the Unitarian Universalist Hymn "May Notheing Evil Cross This Door" and will finish with the 2010 "Light A Chalice" by evan austin
I have had a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year. I don't know if it's because there is just so much going on around me in the world, or just in my country.  I have wondered for years how things slide backwards in this world - equality, acceptance, tolerance and love.  But I just look around in my own country and state and hear words that come out of some people's mouths.  
I think what would have happened to my ancestor if they had to go through what immigrants have to go through today.  When as a world have we become so fearful that a peaceful world is not our goal.
Please light your chalice today for the goal of world peace, liberty and just for all.

Blessed be,

Kathy
P.S. If you are wondering why I listen to many of Peter Mayer's songs go to his website, in his Biography look at his picture and see his necklace, I have the same one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment