Hope

 After a year, I finally have some hope. 

  Tomorrow my husband and I have appointments for our first Covid-19 vaccine. Both my daughter-in-laws  and two of my sons have had Covid. (one of them twice!) So this has been quite a year for us as I am sure for you also. I learned to shop on-line at my local grocery stores and restaurants. 

At this time our grandsons with their parents have moved to Texas and we miss them so much. They are actually living close to where my life started!  I think one of the reasons they left was for warmer weather, but we just heard their weather is about the same as ours and they even had snow!! I don't think as much as we have had.  Our temperatures this week are ranging from -4 F to -20 F without the wind chill.

I've started doing taxes again for AARP and enjoy the times when I can make it so that our clients get their overpayment or their stimulus checks. 

I am sorry I missed you all during Chalica this year but I just couldn't share the negativity that surrounded me at that time. I've done a lot of thinking about Chalica and I still think we should have this special celebration but I am being to think that maybe December is just too busy and we are getting lost.  I would love to hear from others how they feel about this. Some people have suggested that we celebrate one Principle a month. Others have suggested celebrating it in January.  

Well stay warm. 

Blessed be, 


Kathy


1 comment:

  1. Just learned about Chalica, I've been thinking of celebrating it kind of like an advent calendar, lighting a candle each night for seven nights before Christmas, or maybe before Christmas eve. I found a seven candle holder from my wedding and was trying to figure out what to do with it when I remembered the seven principles. Obviously not everyone celebrates Christmas but I do, so we'll see if I remember any of this by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete