The Fifth Day of Chalica 2012

We light our chalice for the right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large. Give gift(s) to honor democracy
Examples:
- help a political party
- write your government
- help a committee at church
- host a dinner / party to celebrate democracy
 What are you doing today with the Fifth principle in mind? I think I should write to my Senators and House of Representatives asking them to work together to straighten out the economy. 
Here's something easy to do if you believe in marriage equality please sign this petition:
https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1509
If you scroll down and look on the lower left you will see a map of the world. Click on it and it will take you to a page that shows all the different states in the USA and all the different countries in the world that have looked at the site.
Remember to check in on Chalica! and let us know where you are from and if this is your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or ? year celebrating Chalica. 
This new song was just posted on Chalica! by

Jeanne-Marie Peterson: "I wrote a Chalica song for my son, to the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Enjoy!"
On the seventh day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... care for the Earth!
On the sixth day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... build a peaceful world,
On the fifth day of Chalica, my parents taught to me...democracy!

On the fourth day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... search for what is true,
On the third day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... yearn to learn,
On the second day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... be kind to all,
On the first day of Chalica, my parents taught to me... inherent worth and dignity!
Love, 
Kathy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment