1st Day of Chalica Monday 12/2/19

d



x

We celebrate our First Principle; The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
Click on the Days tab above for ways to celebrate this special UU holiday.  Or watch Jeff's video's. 
Right now I'm thinking about how and why I started this Chalica blog 9 years ago. When I first found out about Unitarian Universalism I realized that it was a way of life (not just a religion) that spoke to me. It was more that principles that the people. I wish I could say we all follow our principles but in reality who does follow all the rules? I would like to think that I try.  This principle was especially on my mind this year as I traveled on a cruise ship and in Canada.  My sister/friend, Vicki and I decided to travel together on a 14 day cruise.  I hope she had as good of time as I did.  
We both agreed that everyone - staff and other passengers were so friendly and welcoming. 
I had an interesting or rather unique experience one evening. There was a magician, Naathan Phan, performing on the large stage and as many of you know I'm a huge fan of magic; [My husband is a magician and we are members of the Magic Castle in Hollywood.] so I made sure we had front row center seats. At one point Naathan asked for a volunteer and out of the 800 people in the audience, I was the only one who raised their hand.  Well I got on stage and Naathan went into his routine next the captain's voice came over the speakers, and went on and on; so there we are in front of everyone with nothing to do. Naathan was such a good sport. As soon as the captain was done Naathan started back up.  It was fun to have complete strangers come up to me during the week to comment on the show. It was a unique experience for the behind the scenes kinda person that I usually am.
There we meet so many interesting people and had such wonderful adventures.
Happy Chalica!
Blessed be,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment